Sunday 8 February 2009

Running like the wind.............

.............or running into the wind, whilst running uphill.

I'm 27 miles behind, which is a bit pants. Many factors have lead to me being in this position, but I'm sure I'll claw my way back. To date I've completed 29 miles and have broken the 200 lap barrier. Only another 3997 to go! It's also getting a lot warmer, even at 6 in the morning. It's lucky I bulked up over Christmas, otherwise I'll be stick thin by the time I get back!

The important thing is though, so far I've been pledged over £1400 from my shipmates alone, which is fantastic news. This is far more than I anticipated, but now I'm keen to get that figure to close to £2000. If I get £2000 or more, I pledge to complete the last 26 miles in one go. I may be a little mad (and my knees are going to hate me), but it's for charity! Further updates to follow (if I haven't been carted away by then)!

No comments: